• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JEN333

I have some concerns about my current boyfriend. I would like to find out about an old restraining order against him issued by his then-girlfriend. How can I get this information?

T

Tracey

Go to the county courthouse where he lived then and ask them to search for cases listing him as a party. Then ask to see the file.

If you have "concerns", leave. Your instincts are telling you not to trust him. Listen to them.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

J

JEN333

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with you about trusting instincts, but on the other hand it was a long time ago when he was only 20, and I don't know both sides of the story (the girl has since proved a little weird herself). I did some pretty rash things when I was younger that I would never repeat. Hard to judge. Don't want to be the victim of a repeat offense, but don't want to keep punishing someone for their past forever, either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">