• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiancee's Ex-Girlfriend using their disabled child as a pawn.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vicka

My fiancee has two children. One is 5, the other is 4. They both live with his ex-girlfriend. We get to see them on weekends. The 4-year-old child has a disability that needs medicinal attention at certain times of the night. My fiancee's ex-girlfriend is suing him and also including me in her litigation for being negligent about not giving the 4-year-old child his medicine at 2:00 a.m. one morning. Mind you, this was an isolated incident. She actually found out by using her 5-year-old son to "report back" to her.

This happens to be one of her million accusations. She's constantly ringing us 5 times daily for things ranging from "why doesn't our son respect me?" or "You need to talk to your son...he won't go to bed..." When the children are with us, they always seem happy, and they always listen to their father. Everytime they go home to her, there's always a problem, and the 4-year-old child goes back to being sick again. I've often thought of investigating why the child is always sick in her care. His Ex always seems to want more attention than we have time to give her. My fiancee and I work 40 plus hours a week each and have not the luxury to set aside time to babysit her life. I am expecting our child as well, which is what probably sparked the recent harrassment from her.

When my fiancee and I were only dating, she would not allow the children to be in the same house as I. Her reasons were quite simple. It was for respect for her and the children. Not sure what that meant, but it was clear that she didn't like the idea of her ex involved with someone else.

I'm really not sure what to do and think of this lawsuit against us...I was told by 3 lawyers she cannot include me because I am not the guardian, the adopted parent, or have custodial rights of the children. She has only spoken to a mediator who begs to differ.

Please help!

[This message has been edited by Vicka (edited April 12, 2000).]

T

Tracey

You've obviously consulted with some attorneys about this case - hire one of them to get the suit against you dismissed.

Regarding her ridiculous behavior: Stop answering the phone. Screen your calls on the machine. Unplug your phone at night.

Let your fiance deal with the rest. They're his kids.

Good luck,
Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">