• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as a father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saddad

My wife and I have been divorced for 8 years. She moved my children to North Carolina 3 years ago. I am only able to see them on summer vacation and during every other Christmas/Thanksgiving, and spring break. It is now getting to the point that if she has plans for this visitation, I am neglected my right to be a father! She does not adhere to the divorce decree, schedule B, and I am so sad and frustrated with the whole mess, I am getting to the point that I want to give up. I feel like I am hitting a brick wall! I can not get any help from the state of WV. I have been a Columbus, Ohio resident for 2 years. Any suggestions on what I can do? I could ramble on forever. It is no wonder there are son many "dead beat dads"! They have no Rights!!!!!!
Please advise..... Thanks for listening.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You were apparently talking to the state of WV because that is where the divorce occurred. However, that is the wrong state court to be talking to. Rather, you will have to file a court action to enforce or modify your visitation rigths, in a court in the state of NC. Why there? Because that is where the children reside with the parent having primary custody. You are going to have to go through a court battle again. Talking to people has gotten you nowhere so don't even try it now. Rather, I would suggest that you speak with a NC family law attorney about this matter. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">