• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self-Defence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

motorola

What is the name of your state? California

Is it considered Self-Defence if 3 yellow men (yellow to make it easier) approch 3 blue men and cause a scene by starting a fight and then brought out knives and started slashing away but after a while the 3 yellow men that approched them ran to their cars yelling "go get it, go get it" and when the 3 blue men that was approched got into their cars to leave and one of them reversed and one of the 3 yellows that had the knives were running towards him with his hand under his shirt where his belt is as if he's going to pull out a gun or something because, if they have knives what else are they going to run back for? And then the blue guy in the car just pulls out his gun and randomly shots to get away because he is already wounded on the head, arm and stuff and is bleeding all over his face. But the random shots hit the yellow guy. This may be gang related as well but it was the 3 yellows that was a rival gang to the blue the shot the shot, the other two where old friends just catching up, they were out eatting. Is this considered self-defense?

M

motorola

so its not considered selfdefense for the blue guy because the blue guy was the one confronted and the one assulted causing cuts in many places and a broken arm. The other blues had similar injuries as well. Or would this be more of attempted murder for the blue guy?

calatty

He can certainly argue it was self-defense. The yellow guys started the attack on the blues, and a yellow guy was approaching rapidly and looked like he had a weapon. The next question is whether the jury will buy the defense, and that will depend on how the evidence comes out. The jury might think the blue guy was in the position to drive away and there was no immediate threat on his life. If so, it should result in a murder conviction, but manslaughter, based on recklessness, or a mistaken belife in the need for self-defense, might be more likely.

H

hexeliebe

O.K. let's get this straight.

The yellow guy is SpongeBob SquarePants.

The blue guy is Mr. Squiggles.

Is this self-defence?

In my estimate, no since to be in self-defence you first have to have a fence and everyone knows that a fence divided cannot stand, especially under water.

D

DogToenails

Was the blue guy Patrick the Starfish? And did Patrick by change have a limb severed during the fight and as luck would have it, shot Sponge Bob with the regenerated arm? If so, I'm sure there's a defense in there somewhere. (Talking Gekko vs. Wisconsin, 1999)

M

motorola

DogToenails said:
Was the blue guy Patrick the Starfish? And did Patrick by change have a limb severed during the fight and as luck would have it, shot Sponge Bob with the regenerated arm? If so, I'm sure there's a defense in there somewhere. (Talking Gekko vs. Wisconsin, 1999)
Where can i find more about this case since it is somewhat similar. And i like to thank everyone who gave their opinion, though this story turned into a cartoon :p . Since the answers were two sided, i assume this will all be judged by the jury and thanks calatty your answer was most informaitive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">