• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gen13gen

What is the name of your state? California
my sister has a history of beating me, but now that she is 18 the beating and the threats have calmed down. lately she has stolen my mail in attempts to cash or hide a check addressed to me. what can i do to keep her from stealing my mail? she continues to take my vehicle when i said to her she isnt to touch it. i am afraid of her, afraid for my own life. although she technically lives in the same house what are my rights esp. when she returns home probably once a week? (i want her to stop harassing me by going through my stuff, stealing/hiding my mail and taking my car). the police has come to my house numerous of times from her battering me. pls help

TYRIS

gen13gen said:
What is the name of your state? California
my sister has a history of beating me, but now that she is 18 the beating and the threats have calmed down. lately she has stolen my mail in attempts to cash or hide a check addressed to me. what can i do to keep her from stealing my mail? she continues to take my vehicle when i said to her she isnt to touch it. i am afraid of her, afraid for my own life. although she technically lives in the same house what are my rights esp. when she returns home probably once a week? (i want her to stop harassing me by going through my stuff, stealing/hiding my mail and taking my car). the police has come to my house numerous of times from her battering me. pls help

- are you looking to have her prosecuted? if she takes your mail and cashes a check in your name or starts a physical altercation with you, then contact the police.

you can also attempt to get a restraining order against her, but it might be difficult if you both live in the same residence, unless you get a stay away order.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">