• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to protect my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lorna

I'll try to make this short. Was divorced in Texas. I have full custody of my daughter (because x wouldn't show up for court dates and often threatens to kidnap child ,child is now three) and x has standerd visitation. X moved to Oaklahoma. I (and child) moved to Idaho. X wants child for the month of May. The last time x had child (august 99) he lied to me about the address and phone number that I could reach child. When I was able to track down a phone number to call, my daughter told me x's girlfriend had spanked her. The next time I called he would not let me talk to my daughter. I was not able to talk to my daughter till he brought her back two days late. When he finally brought her home she was very sick with a bad cold. He never took her to the doctor, never gave her any med., and never let me know she was sick. Since that time x's stepmom told me x is doing drug and when daughter was with him he told her that I was a slut and prostitute. I'm afraid for my daughters well-being. Do I have to let x have his vistitation? Do I need to go back to court. (Can't afford an attorny, he's over a year behind in child sapport.)

T

Tracey

You have to go back to court to have his visitation changed. Get an affidavit from x's stepmom about the drug use and slander. Document everything from as many different people as you can.

Since neither of you live in TX anymore, ID probably has jurisdiction of the child now, so you can sue in your home county. Try to find a legal clinic/aid society to help you with the visitation modification.

Good luck,
Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">