• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressing Charges + personal information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

324digital

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was assaulted by a stranger, If I press charges against this person, will they have access to my personal info. such as my address? I realize they will have to see my name since they have a right to know who is pressing charges against them, but I don't want to put my family in danger if he decides to pay me a visit once he is served. I am also afraid that he may have friends that would come looking for me or my loved ones in order for me to drop the charges. I don't know this person and I surely don't want him to know where I live.

Son of Slam

324digital said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was assaulted by a stranger, If I press charges against this person, will they have access to my personal info. such as my address? I realize they will have to see my name since they have a right to know who is pressing charges against them, but I don't want to put my family in danger if he decides to pay me a visit once he is served. I am also afraid that he may have friends that would come looking for me or my loved ones in order for me to drop the charges. I don't know this person and I surely don't want him to know where I live.

It will be a sad, sad day when MR. Badguy can get away with what you are talking about. Express your concerns to the DA's office and/or the Police Department and they will help you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">