• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support-Arrearage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OhioDad

I was order by Court Order many years ago to pay Child Support and Arrearage. My son has graduated High School and turned 18. Am I still liable for Child support plus arrearage or can I pay just the Court Ordered Arrearage amount?

P

partyofsix26

You Should check your state laws, But here in Hudson County if the father has arrears to pay, in court the judge can ask the mother if she wants the money or not. If you and your ex have an understanding, she can have the judge clear any arrears you may have. Check into it, and good luck!

P

partyofsix26

I forgot to mention starting on the day your son turned 18, if you are still paying, the judge can ordered for cs to stop and you would be reinbursed for the money you paid after his 18 birthday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">