• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Secret recording of a phone convesation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbart32@hotmail

ohio
i received a phone call on my cell. i started to be quized as to my name,i ask the person to identify herself. she told me that she represented a firm that was trying to recover money for mt.carmel hospital. i told her that i have never been there but that my son who is 26 had gone to that hospital. she started to attack me. after a couple of minutes she told me that

i was being recorded and it was their intentions to use the conversation against me. (not a problem)

question: did she break the law by not letting me know that i was being recorded? if she did what should i do?

H

hexeliebe

Ohio is a one-party state which means that any person who is a party to the conversation may record the conversation without the consent of the other party.

B

Boxcarbill

jbart32@hotmail said:
ohio
i received a phone call on my cell. i started to be quized as to my name,i ask the person to identify herself. she told me that she represented a firm that was trying to recover money for mt.carmel hospital. i told her that i have never been there but that my son who is 26 had gone to that hospital. she started to attack me. after a couple of minutes she told me that

i was being recorded and it was their intentions to use the conversation against me. (not a problem)

question: did she break the law by not letting me know that i was being recorded? if she did what should i do?
Did she happen to tell you how she planned to use the conversation against you? Where do these people come from?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">