• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting re-married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littletraci

I am engaged to a father of 3 boys.....his ex is a bit vindictive...and our concern is that she will attempt to sue for more child support base on MY income added to his...we are in California and I know is a community property state...but I don't feel I am obligated to pay child support for them....Can you shed a little light on whether or not this is a valid concern?

Thanks

P

partyofsix26

You are not obligated to support her or your stepkids, but if both incomes are combined she may be able to get an increase of support. Try to separate your income, like separate checking accounts. If you show that there has been no change in your husband icome, support can be denied. Look into your state laws, some differ than others. Good Luck!

------------------
partyofsix26

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">