• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nittio9

What is the name of your state? CA

Maybe someone can explain!

About 3 yrs ago an employee of mine was arrested for theft from my store and 3 other retail establishments. It turned out she was already on probation for drugs and falsifying prescriptions. This was her 4th conviction I found out and she was also some $15,000 behind on child support. Eventually she was sentenced to 18 mos in rehab and 5 yrs probation. The judge issued a protective order for the term of her conviction covering all her victims as her boyfriend had made serious threats towards me.

She was ordered to make restitution but so far no payments. I have contacted her PO twice and have been told that Probation will not enforce the order for restitution. They recommended that I sue in Small Claims Court. Is this normal procedure?? If so, I will forget restitution as I want no contact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">