• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LOOKING FOR DIRECTION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JENNIFERFISHER

AS BRIEFLY AS POSSIBLE; I LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA. MY MOTHER WAS FOUND TO BE THE PURPATRATOR IN A SEXUAL ABUSE CASE INVOLVING MY SONS. IT WAS CONDUCTED BY CHILDREN AND YOUTH SERVICES. IT WAS FOUNDED, INDICATED ABUSE. SHE EVEN ADMITTED THAT SHE DID THESE THINGS TO CYS, BUT TOLD THEM SHE HAD NO SEXUAL INTENT; THEY DISAGREED. THERE WAS ALSO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. I HAVE A COPY OF THE REPORT FILED WITH THE PA DEPT OF WELFARE'S CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES SECTION. THE CASEWORKER INFORMED ME THAT HE WOULD REPORT THE CASE TO MY POLICE DEPT. AND THAT SHE MAY HAVE TO REGISTER WITH THE STATE POLICE AS A SEX OFFENDER, THOUGH IT WOULD NOT BE POSTED UNLESS SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY IN COURT. THE POLICE CHEIF SAID SINCE IT OCCURRED AT MY PARENTS HOME, IT HAD TO BE REFERRED TO THE STATE POLICE AS SHE LIVES OUTSIDE BOROUGH LINES. THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. THIS WAS IN 1998. DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FIND OUT IF ANYTHING ELSE EVER HAPPEND? AND IF NOTHING HAPPEND, HOW CAN I PERSUE THIS? AT FIRST, I COULDN'T DEAL VERY WELL WITH ALL OF THIS, SO I JUST LET IT GO. BUT AFTER THE LAST TWO YEARS OF SEEING MY SON STRUGGLE WITH LIFE IN GENERAL (EVEN THOUGH HE'S DONE WONDERFUL THANKS TO THERAPY)I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND. MY SON WAS VIOLATED. HE FELT VERY BETRAYED, AND TRUSTS NO ONE, EVEN ME. HE'S FILLED WITH ANGER AT THE WORLD, AND HE HATES HIMSELF BECAUSE HE GENUINELY LOVED HIS GRAMA AND HAD NO IDEA THESE THINGS WERE WRONG. HE HAS TO LIVE WITH WHAT SHE DID EVERY WAKING MOMENT, BUT WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO LIVE WITH? I SEE HER FROM TIME TO TIME AROUND TOWN, SMILLING LAUGHING, AND USUALLY WITH SOME ONE'S CHILDREN. I WANT TO KNOW IF JUSTICE WAS SERVED, BUT DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK? ANY INFORMATION AT ALL WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

T

Tracey

Contact the prosecutor's office in the county where the abuse took place. Ask them when they plan to file charges against her. Make it clear that your son is willing and able to testify. Take copies of all your reports and paperwork and therapist records. Prosecutors are very busy and sometimes thing slip through the cracks.

You can also retain a lawyer and sue grandma for rape or outrage or assault. You would be able to recover your son's therapy bills and his mental anguish damages. You could also probably recover any lost wages you had taking him to therapy or court. The disadvantage to suing now is that you son's still in therapy and you will have a hard time recovering $$ for future therapy. Many parents wait until the child is 18-21 before filing suit. (The statute of limitations is usually put on hold until the child-plaintiff is 18.) Talk to a personal injury lawyer.

Tracey

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">