• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mari8247

Indiana

Okay I need help finding more cases like this one.

People v. AllenPatricia L. WatkinsDefendant's Petition for ReviewCalifornia Supreme CourtBAO44812 BrfRep-C00033871996 Appellant, convicted of felony-murder on the theory of aiding and abetting his friends in a robbery even though he did not actually commit the murder or aid or abet the killing, was deprived of procedural due process. The felony-murder law violates procedural due process by operating to deny an accomplice to felony-murder the procedural protections afforded the more culpable killer, all other aiders and abettors, and those who conspire to commit felony-murder. Further, the scope of the felony-murder rule as applied to accomplices exceeds its purpose and is over inclusive as applied to those who neither commit the killing or aid and abet the killing.

This is very important for helping someone who was convicted of murder who is innocent. I need to find more cases of people who were deprived procedural due process. Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mari8247 said:
Indiana

Okay I need help finding more cases like this one.

People v. AllenPatricia L. WatkinsDefendant's Petition for ReviewCalifornia Supreme CourtBAO44812 BrfRep-C00033871996 Appellant, convicted of felony-murder on the theory of aiding and abetting his friends in a robbery even though he did not actually commit the murder or aid or abet the killing, was deprived of procedural due process. The felony-murder law violates procedural due process by operating to deny an accomplice to felony-murder the procedural protections afforded the more culpable killer, all other aiders and abettors, and those who conspire to commit felony-murder. Further, the scope of the felony-murder rule as applied to accomplices exceeds its purpose and is over inclusive as applied to those who neither commit the killing or aid and abet the killing.

This is very important for helping someone who was convicted of murder who is innocent. I need to find more cases of people who were deprived procedural due process. Thanks!

My response:

That decision was overturned in the California Supreme Court. Ms. Watkins-Allen is now on death row waiting for needles to be stuck in both arms.

IAAL

C

condaggitt

That decision was overturned in the California Supreme Court. Ms. Watkins-Allen is now on death row waiting for needles to be stuck in both arms.

A. While I agree with both of you, some states are not continuing with executing the prisioner because of previous mistakes made.

I think a more resonable approach is that unless you have a DNA match, witneses, the actual weapon/corpse, in essence 3 or 4 ways to prove guilt, then the death penalty should be used, spare no one.

But if there is a question of guilt, even though a jury or judge convicted the person, such as possibly in these types of cases where the convict was there but may not be the only one guilty, then life imprisoment without any possibilty of parole shouud be the punishment, just in case 10-15 years down the road they are proved innocent by Barry Sheck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">