• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bosina Summer Program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwalla

What is the name of your state? New York

This is probably the wrong forum. For that I apologize. Last year, I heard of a program between the US and Bosnia. This program brought children over to US families for the summer.

I was wondering if anyone has heard about it or if they know how I can find out more information as our family would like to participate.

I appreciate any information that is offered. Thank you for your time.

nextwife

Are you referring to Bosnian youth available for adoption who are here to live with different families with the hopes of being adopted? I know that several EE countries have these "summer programs", including Russia. Try the EEAC lists (Eastern European Adoption Coalition), someone there would likely know.

Personally, I am aware of some programs like this that are covertly intended to hook up kids with adoptive families, and I am uncomfortable with the impact on the kids who do not "get chosen". AS much as the program coordinators insist the kids just think they are here for a fun summer, they all know exactly why they are with these families. So they are devastated when summer ends and no one wants them.

If your intention is adoption, you mneed not wait for such a program. Consider checking the registries for a recommended agency in the country you wish to adopt from. Get on the web-support lists and learn about the process and kids in their system. Hear from families who have gone through that process, and which agencies they do and do not recommend.

Good luck

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">