• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving with child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baby

I live in Tallahassee. I have a 5 year old her father and I have a visition time set up. it says in are court papers that neither one of may move with out permission from one another or a judge. I would like to move to Miami to be with the man I plan to marry, My childs father will not give me permission to move, what is the chance a judge will? Me and my boyfriend are willing to get married if that would make a diffence. THANK YOU

J

Jen

I am 99% sure you can move anywhere in the state of Florida without permission from your ex! I live in NJ and my ex wanted to put a 30 mile radius on me not allowing me to move 30 miles from him and the judge told him forget it. She said that I was allowed to live anywhere in the state of NJ but if I were to move out of the state then I would need permission from him or the courts. So check with the courts and if you are allowed he cannot stop you but you may have to set up a different visitation schedule you are about 5 hours or so apart right? let me know what happens.

B

baby

jen thanks for your advice. the thing is that is does state in are court papers that if one or the other wants to move more than 100 miles we have to get permission from 1 another. he is not willing to work with me. also we were never married and never lived together. I just am not sure if a judge will say yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">