• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I call the police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Murphy1

If all I have is reasonable visitation,and the verbal agreement between my ex and I was I got to visit every other weekend,do I have the right to call the police and have them help me pick up my chid to visit if I havent been allowed to see her in a month?
Please help....Arkansas

S

shannon prendergast

We did one time. We called and they went to the house with us and the paperwork. Luckily, it worked. She could have said it wasn't our weekend. If she would have, we would have done the same thing a week later since our paperwork says we get the kids every other weekend, to deny this means she is in contempt of court.

M

Murphy1

Thak you for your help. Im not so sure I can go to the police since ther is nothing in my divorce papers that states I have any right to any thing but reasonable visitation. Although I am not getting that, can the police do anything? There is no sertain time or anything.The sad thing is the only reason he is doing this is because he is mad I left him. I had took her with me to begin with, and I made the mistake of letting him take her for the weekend and now I have lost her.

P

Pickle

Well, I don't know the laws in Arkansas, but in Texas the police won't help you even if you've got papers to prove you have visitational rights. I have legal physical custody of my child and my ex is in contempt and won't let me see her since her last agreed visitation. She's been hiding and keeping my child from me for over a month. When I called the police to help they yelled at me for trying to get the police involved and wouldn't help even though they saw the court order saying I have custody. You need to call your police station first and ask if they can help or not. You probably need to go back to court to get court ordered visitations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">