• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation with my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drrandall

My daughter is 4 years old. My wife has sole custody. I get her 2-4 days a week with occasional overnights. I have never missed a child support payment and just want to take her to California for a week to see my Grandmother who is 92 and the rest of my family. My X says no unless she can go too. That would not be a good scene because my family is still bitter with her from the divorce. I was going to go to court to fight it. Do I have a ggod chance??

J

jd

Courts place great deference on allowing childen to know and spend time with thier families. If the child is familiar with you, which you say you see her regularly and she stays overnight sometimes, the court will find this favorable to your request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">