• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zelmbill

My bank account has been levied and my wages
garnished for back child support of a child
my husband fathered seven years prior to our marriage. My husband learned of this child
seven years after we were married when he
was contacted through a letter from the District Attorney's Office demanding payment for back child support. Here it is years later, my husband is a disabled Viet Nam vet with Parkinsons disease and numerous other medical problems. He has been unable to work the past eleven years. Am I legally obligated to pay this support, if not what are my legal recourses to recoupe my money?
MY income is just above the poverty level, I
am borrowing from family and friends to pay
rent and keep food on the table for my family
of four.

T

tdad

I am not sure what help this would be but you can go to www.nodeadbeat.com and see what they would have for you. I was told that my income could not be touched by the ex for anything. But if I thought she was going to I would have my checking account with just my name on it until everything was settled. Because my money I feel like is for my family and my kids when they are with me not for her and her new husband. Good luck, I hope this site can tell you something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">