• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing the Illinois State Board of Education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Delano

What is the name of your state? Illinois
About 4 years ago I purchased a vocational school, there was good faith monies worked into the purchase to ensure we were receiving a school in good standings. Unfortunately we kept on the previous owner paid her a salary and money for using the name and curriculum. When we realized this individual was disruptive to business we change the name and fired the previous owner. As a result the State Board of Education was alerted to some deficiencies and shut us down. My question is since the school was sold to us in a state of noncompliance and those deficiencies existed prior to purchase can we regain our losses from the state. It had come to our attention that some of the statutory procedures set by the State had not been followed by the ISBE so their disciplinary actions were unwarranted. This resulted in the loss of quite a bit of money. Can I take them to court?

HomeGuru

Delano said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
About 4 years ago I purchased a vocational school, there was good faith monies worked into the purchase to ensure we were receiving a school in good standings. Unfortunately we kept on the previous owner paid her a salary and money for using the name and curriculum. When we realized this individual was disruptive to business we change the name and fired the previous owner. As a result the State Board of Education was alerted to some deficiencies and shut us down. My question is since the school was sold to us in a state of noncompliance and those deficiencies existed prior to purchase can we regain our losses from the state. It had come to our attention that some of the statutory procedures set by the State had not been followed by the ISBE so their disciplinary actions were unwarranted. This resulted in the loss of quite a bit of money. Can I take them to court?
**A: yes you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">