• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seat Belt Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI

If the passenger of a car is not wearing their seatbelt who gets the ticket if they are pulled over?

B

Boxcarbill

kidoday said:
Well I would shoot the passenger if I got the ticket.:D
Then drive in Texas because if your passenger is not a child, the passenger gets the ticket for not wearing their seat belt. And before I shot my passenger in MI, I would double check the law regarding tickets for not wearing seat belts.

kidoday

BCB

If I shot my passenger in Mi I don't think I would have to worry about the seat belt ticket.:)

That is why I posted. I can't find the law regarding this.

H

hexeliebe

Then shoot the passenger in Michigan and drive to Texas...

"Officer, I think he's sleeping. Just give me the ticket and I'll make sure he gets it". :D

B

Boxcarbill

hexeliebe said:
Then shoot the passenger in Michigan and drive to Texas...

"Officer, I think he's sleeping. Just give me the ticket and I'll make sure he gets it". :D

Not a good idea. The cops might think the passenger was shot in Texas and Texas is the death penalty capital.

kidoday

Well I think I found my answer.

If the child is under age 15 in either the front or back seat the driver gets the ticket. A passenger in the front seat over the age of 15 gets the ticket. No seat belts have to be worn in the backseat for passengers over the age of 15.

Thanks for helping and making me laugh.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">