• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abuse & divorce & adbandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My husband has physically & mentally abused me and my two children for years. We are in the process of going into court over this with the state pressing charges on him, and because of this he has now acussed me of abandonment and will not let me speak to my childern and said I was not to come back to my home, and he has trashed the house in hopes to say that's how I keep it. He has taken the boys out of the home to God knows where!!! I'm extremely upset and don't know what to do or who to trust Please help me.
He has also cut off any money and has arranged that if I come get my truck that he will call the police to have me arrested for thieft. I have not been able to work for over a year do to health problems.

R

rookie

What state do you reside in? I'm in CA.

File for divorce, seperation, etc. All the issues concerning living situation, finances and especially child custody will be addressed. Go to the county clerk's office, fee waiver forms and classes are available for low income individuals in order to file the necessary court documents. Also, your county may have a court facilitator available to help with documentation and questions concerning your particular cituation.

You have equal rights to your children and marital possessions. Fight for them.

Good luck, don't just sit back, FIGHT!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">