• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlara

I moved to colorado from Atlanta where my daughter lives. I moved to live with my father since I was put on bed rest. Now my ex husband will not let her come and see me unless I supply an airline ticket. I can't afford that so I was going to drive to get her. He will also only let her come for 2weeks since that was on our divorce papers. That was signed because I was living in Atlanta. can I try and get custody since he will not support me as a parent to my daughter nor will he let me see her.

R

rookie

You can file a modification for custody/visitation since there has been a change in your situation. I doubt, based simply on the information in your post that you would be granted sole custody. Probably a new visitation schedule to accomidate the distance from which each parent lives. The non-custodial parent is usually responsible for traveling cost for visits, but driving for visits is just as good as air travel.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">