• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting threats from Ex!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EmeraldJeny

My husband and I have been getting threats from my son's(5 yrs old)father. He has never paid any child support, and has not seen him in over a year. Can I get a restraing order on threats alone, or does something physical have to happen first? He is threatening to kill my husband-this is very scary for us.

R

rookie

You can get a restraining order for threatning phone calls. In CA, there is a law that D.A.'s don't use very often but I was on a jury for. The crime is called "terrorists threats". If somebody threatens your life and you believe the threats, whether or not the individual intended to carry out the threat. It is a crime. I imagine it is used mostly for bomb threats and such but, the young adult who threatened to kill a member of his gang who wanted out, was found guilty, and sentenced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">