• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This is Just Not Right.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlr881

I live in Georgia; however, the below mentioned of whom I am concerned about live in Texas.

I've lived with my father and grandparents since I was 4. I have a younger half brother and sister currently living in Texas. A little over two years ago, our mother died of breast cancer. My brother and sister moved with their father from Illinois to Texas to live with his mother and brother. Every summer, they come to stay for a couple of months with our mother's mother, and they're happy enough, until it is time for them to return. I wouldn't be concerned for them, if it were not for the moments I have spent with this man. My brother is showing signs of deep emotional abuse, behaviors which are not typical of a 13 year old boy. He seems unable to develop friendly relationships, and only recently stopped wetting the bed, as well as other curious (and rather alarming behavior). My sister, though three years younger, is much more resilient, possibly because it would seem she is treated a little better than my brother (she is the only grandaughter of her father's family, whereas there are four/five grandsons) - yet she too exhibits signs that she may be suffering emotionally. In an attempt to keep this as short as possible, I cannot name many of the greviences that they have suffered since comming to that place of residence with their father's family. Nor can I mention the extensive pain he caused my mother and myself (I at one time lived with them). I will be more than happy to share the full story if need be, and I would appreciate some good legal advice. I know that I am only seventeen, but I can no longer stand by and let this happen, and I am prepared to do whatever I can. I suspect my grandmother (our mother's mother) is also of the same mind. Our family would greatly appreciate ANY help.

Thank you for taking the time to read/address this message.

J

jlr881

Isn't there anyone out there with some advice?
Or do you need more information first?
Please let me know.

TYRIS

jlr881 said:
I live in Georgia; however, the below mentioned of whom I am concerned about live in Texas.

I've lived with my father and grandparents since I was 4. I have a younger half brother and sister currently living in Texas. A little over two years ago, our mother died of breast cancer. My brother and sister moved with their father from Illinois to Texas to live with his mother and brother. Every summer, they come to stay for a couple of months with our mother's mother, and they're happy enough, until it is time for them to return. I wouldn't be concerned for them, if it were not for the moments I have spent with this man. My brother is showing signs of deep emotional abuse, behaviors which are not typical of a 13 year old boy. He seems unable to develop friendly relationships, and only recently stopped wetting the bed, as well as other curious (and rather alarming behavior). My sister, though three years younger, is much more resilient, possibly because it would seem she is treated a little better than my brother (she is the only grandaughter of her father's family, whereas there are four/five grandsons) - yet she too exhibits signs that she may be suffering emotionally. In an attempt to keep this as short as possible, I cannot name many of the greviences that they have suffered since comming to that place of residence with their father's family. Nor can I mention the extensive pain he caused my mother and myself (I at one time lived with them). I will be more than happy to share the full story if need be, and I would appreciate some good legal advice. I know that I am only seventeen, but I can no longer stand by and let this happen, and I am prepared to do whatever I can. I suspect my grandmother (our mother's mother) is also of the same mind. Our family would greatly appreciate ANY help.

Thank you for taking the time to read/address this message.

emotional abuse is extremely hard to prove, but you may try the local child protective services where they live. is your grandmother willing to take the children if he's found unfit?

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">