• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donovan

Divorce/Stipulation 1983 - My husband & I agreed in court that children will remain "irrevocable beneficiaries" of his pension, life insurance, savings & security,disability death, etc.
Ex-husband dies. Learn he changes beneficiary designated to his 97 year old father. Any recourse? This is before ERISA 1984. This will be heard in Federal Court I believe- USDC for the Northern District of New York, 2d Circuit. Is his father considered a dependent? I understand you can only designate spouse, ex-spouse, children or dependent as a beneficiary on pension plan. Did he have to provide 50% of support for his father? His father lived in his own home and is wealthy. Also do you know any case law decided in the 2d circuit? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">