• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother has power of atterney over my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hunnypotpoohbear

My mother has power of atterny over my 3 children. I chose to do it that way. now i would like them back. she says that if i do take them back that she will take me to court.I can nolonger afford to pay her almost 500 dollars a month when I know that they do not cost that much to pay for what "THEY" need, not what she wants to buy them all the time. Can she take me to court to keep them or can I just take them back? Please help me!

T

Tracey

Check the POA. Does it say you can revoke it at any time? If so, send her written notice of revocation and tell her you'll be by to pick up the kids on X date.

She can sue for custody. Whether she wins depends on far too many facts for me to make any predictions.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">