• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Assignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlb679

My ex-husband agreed years ago to wage assignment. He stopped working full time at Company A, but continued per-diem. He began working full time at Company B. He notified the courts and asked that they switch wage assignment from Company A to Company B. I received, as did he, an order from the court stating that such a change had taken place. His new employer did as well.

I am continuing to receive child support from Company A, as well as Company B. I have no problem giving back the overpayment, as I am on good terms with my ex. I called Company A and they said they were never informed of anything by the court.

I called the court and they said that my ex needs to file something else with the court. What are they talking about? What does he have to do to stop Company A's wage assignment? We are in Massachusetts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">