• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post divorce matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roundman

I have been divorced for 5 years. During these years my ex-wife has made my life a living hell. She lived in the house for two years without making any house payments and didn't tell me she wasn't paying. I only found out after the bank had already started foreclosing, but by then it was too late. I didn't have enough money to catch up. Through legal channels, she was forced to put the house on the market but then refused to let it be shown. Ultimately the house was foreclosed on an my credit ruined. She has poisoned my child's mind against me, she has accumulated medical bills without telling me and then claimed I refused to pay them. I have recently changed Insurance Companies and need to get the name of my child's new Doctor for her insurance card. I have asked my ex-wife for this information several times and she refuses to give it to me. I have even asked her lawyer and he tells me to ask her knowing that she has already refused. Now I find out that she has filed a Contempt Motion against me for not providing the card. Over the past 5 years I have paid over $20,000 in lawyer bills and I can't afford to pay anymore. If I represent myself in court, what are my chances? Also, how will the court view this case? Will they see through her?

grooviestmom

I am not a lawyer, but hopefully can provide some advice you can use. When you request information, such as the DRs name, put it in writing. Send her a letter stating that the insurance is changing and you need to privde the company with your daughter's DR's name. Ask her to reply by a certain date. Send it certified mail, return receipt requested. And keep copies of everything. That way, when you go to court you have proof. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">