• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Chid Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charlotte

I am wondering if back support from at least 30 yrs. ago can be collected?My mother never recieved any moneys from our father,and we never saw him.We did not know any thing about him address nothing.A few yrs. ago he moved back in the area.My mother is now remarried and is still a little afraid of him,so can I take him to court and put leans on any thing he may have or will get?sorry for the spelling.
Thank You Charlotte

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not certain if that long ago the various federal and state laws were in effect that would assist you with this matter. If someone tried to do that 5, 10, or 20 years ago, then yes the child support can still be collected. By now that would be a whole lot of cash. I think that you or your mother can ask the child support enforcement agency to attempt to collect that money at this time.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">