• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DISABLED IN RHODE ISLAND CAN I GET ALIMONY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wanttobefair

I have been with my husband for 15 years. During 10 of those years I worked. 5 years ago I became disabled, my husband has never forgiven me for getting sick. We have been seperated for 1 year. He has wanted a divorce since day one. Now he wants the divorce even more. I asked him if I could get $100.00 a month after we are divorced to pay for medical bills. He said he could'nt see paying me $100.00 for the rest of his life. Am I entitled to any kind of alimony, since we do not have children? I do not want to take him to the bank, I just would like a little help with my medical expenses.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Given the length of the marriage you are probably entitled to alimony. That by the way is now called spousal support. However, I am not a licensed attorney in that state, only in CA. So I would refer you to a family law attorney near you. He/she will be able to better advise you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">