• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilfoot

My brother and his wife have been married for almost 4 years now. He is in the service and his wife, who used to live in TX, now live with us and their son until my brother gets out of the service. This past weekend while my brother was home to visit, they got into a big fight..and he left early to go back to the base...she has left with the baby to go back to TX, and didn't tell anyone on my brother's side of the family. She is now saying that she will file for divorce..and no one on my brother's family can see the baby. My brother is going to try to get custody of the baby, but my parents are also thinking about trying to get custody. During the time that they both lived here..we have found that my sister in law is not a very fit mother, most of the time leaving the child in my mother's care. What can we do to get custody of this child??

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can wait until they file for divorce. Then you can intervene in that divorce and request custody of the child. For more information you please go to freeadvice.com/law/544us.htm. That is our link to this subject.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">