• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chuck

In Indiana is it possible to create a marital agreement? My wife has asked me to move out of our home two times in two years and if we work things out and I want to go back I was hoping to create a document that would protect my assets and my custodial rights even prior to divorce.

A

Attorney_Replogle

To my knowledge all states allow the married couples to create a marital agreement while they are married. You may be able to find some information at our web site section on family law. You can click on freeadvice.com/law/542us.htm. You may be able to find some forms that you can use as a guide at Nolo Press' web site. They are at www.nolo.com. OK?

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">