• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child being abused my ex's girl friend,sisiter abused by ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aprilrain

What is the name of your state? Michigan, my 6 yr old lives with dad in Pa, My 12 yr old lives with mom in MI.

The 12 yr old came home from a visit with dad (adopted)and said he raped her. i took her to the ER, Er contacted Mi state troopers. and then troopers contacted child protection services.

now i have the 6 yr old for visistation, she and her sister both tell me that the ex's G/F hits,yells at the little one, threatens to hit her with a paddle when she is older and this woman calls mom not nice names, and this woman has a child who spent time in a Juv. mental health center who hits the 6 yr old too. so while the 12 yr old was being seen by the Mi child protection services they talked to the 6 yr old too. the case worker said there is no signs of sexual abuse on the 6 yr old but the 6 yr old has issuse with the G/f..so i confronted dad..he said yes this woman hits her..i went off....anyway.....i have to take the 6 yr old back...dad doesnt know he is being investagated by mi for rape...pa wants to wait for all the evidence to come back..before they do there investagation.......so what do i do....return the little one because its in a court order....i have no funds to get a lawyer.....help!!!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't know that you have much of a choice at the moment. You have a court order requiring you to send the 6 yo back to Dad. While you've been told the child has issues with the g/f, there's no indication that Dad has done anything.

You may want to call your local bar association and ask for a list of attorney's who haven't completed their required pro bono time. You might also want to try calling any law schools in your area to see if they run legal clinics. Or see if you can find a lawyer who will work with you on payments. The best place to find names of those would be your local women's shelter - if you don't know where it is, consider contacting www.ndvh.org (they have a phone number on the site) and see what they tell you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">