• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state visitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

newmom

I have a 5 month old with my ex. We were never married and he lives 12 hours away from us. He has seen the baby once in five months and now is looking for visitation rights. Are there any guidelines for out of state visitations for a child so young?? Plus, my child does not know him as a father and at this age will not remember him from week to week without seeing him on a daily basis. Also, would the fact that I never agreed for him to live where he is living make any difference in the case??

A

Attorney_Replogle

I believe that the court is going to be very cautious to grant him visitation rights if it means taking the young child out of state. He is going to have to come prepared with a very well thought out plan. I don't know that there are any typical visitation plans that you can copy from or use in your situation. You have to prepare ahead of time what would you like to see happen? What are you willing to give up and why? Etc.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">