• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lindra

I posted earlier about a mediation problem concerning my name being on the debts of the business but not on the assets. I have tried to contact my attorney to discuss this case, he has not replied. The court date is set for the 21st of this month. I really feel I have messed up with attorneys. We went into mediation and he had no appraisal done on the properties as he should have. I said, "let's wait on mediation until the appraisals are done" he disagreed, and said the could fight what they had, but witht he mediation attorney, they went the other way. Also my temporary support orders said he should pay alimony until further orders of the court. January 1st they stopped. My attorney said it was an agreement between attorneys that when I started my full time employment they would stop. However my first paycheck did not come until February and we nearly starved in between. I don't feel my attorney is serving me right and I don't know what to do about it. I honestly feel I should make him pay me for the alimony payments, which would reduce his already ungodly bill by $2,000. How can an attorney make deals with another attorney without me authorizing it--especially a court ordered order?

I am upset here and have no where to turn, any suggestions? Please help!

T

tgabriel

Get a new attorney and file a complaint on the old one with your State Bar Association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">