• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills-what are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mk

Four years ago, my mother died. I was never allowed to see the will. She asked for me on her deathbed & my siblings never let me know.I've been told I had a right to be at the public reading but was never notified.
Now my seven brothers and sisters have forced my dad into a nursing home. None of them paid much attention to him since my mother died but now they've done this & have put a protective order against me so that I can't visit him. I'm denied any access to medical records, but have seen some & know they are forged. One brother told me to go away, they've spent all of his money. They also say my mother's will left me nothing, so I don't need to know what it says. Do I not get at least one dollar? Can I contest a will if not allowed to even see it? What are my rights? I've gone for guardianship & am being opposed by all siblings plus witnesses. I've been told I can have no witnesses. I hired a lawyer, but all he's done is to make concessions to the other side without notifying me. Where can I go for help? My money's gone & legal aid won't help because I have a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">