• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Child Support Prosecution Under Federal Laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chrispa214

I would like to know how and who you go through or to, to get my ex husband prosectuted under either The Deadbeat Parent Punishment Act of 1998 or The Child Support Recovery Act?

I live in Pa and he is in Florida. He meets all the guidelines under both these laws, but the Domestic Relations office doesn't want to do anything. He owes over 10,000 dollars. Hasn't seen his kids in over 2 years. There are 2 warrants out for his arrest. One for violating his probation and the other for not showing up for a contempt of court hearing for child support.

I need some advice and fast. The arrears are just adding up week by week, month by month. The more he gets behind the bigger the chance MY CHILDREN will NEVER SEE THAT MONEY!!

When prosecuting under these laws do they also have to abide by what Florida's laws are as well. Even though it is a Federal Crime to evade paying child support under BOTH these laws.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">