• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad cant be found -wont take DNA test how can i force him out of hiding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worriedmom

HELP!!!!- my fathers son has not seen him in 7 years. my son just turned 8 - I'm trying to get child support enforcement to collect child support but because he never signed the birth cert. I have to prove paternity - he cannot be located at all he is in hiding - but he has other children. I have wanted to force him to take the test by taking his taxes and holding it in an account . if he wants his money he will take the test - right????? is there a way for me to do this ????? or any other suggestions????? I need some support here !!!!!!!!!

J

jlm

After seven years of absence the father is just going to be another stranger to your son. If the money is that important to you there are private investigators and government agencies that can be of service to you, but keep in mind that the father is entitled to visitation whether he is paying child support or not. Unless, of course, the court rules otherwise he would have the right to see your son despite what your wishes might be. Once found, a simple paternity suit served to the father (requiring a lawyer) would require him to prove paternity either yeah or nay. Meaning, he would be required by the court to take a paternity test. After that, the court would probably order him to pay child support based upon his income and assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">