• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annoying phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjs

What is the name of your state? New York City

2 months ago my fiance x filed a compliant against me for annoying phone calls for telling her to stop calling me i did not want to file charges against her at this point and this was closed and dismissed the detective told her and myself not to call one another. yesterday she called me twice on my cell phone with a private number that did not show up on my caller id, i told her the detective said she is not to call me she said she did not care and proceeded to talk about my fiance, their relations etc... Am I able to now press charges against her although her number came up as private on my cell phone

JETX

"Am I able to now press charges against her although her number came up as private on my cell phone"
*** No. The detectives instructions are not legally binding on either party. Simply, if she calls again, don't answer. If she uses a different phone number and you answer anyway, hang up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">