• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BLiNG13

What is the name of your state? Texas (Williamson County)

I'd like to know if it's able to sue for this. I was arrested a couple days ago for criminal trespassing. The neighbors who called the police are now telling many people on their street that I was burglarizing the house, and my friends are telling me that their parents are not happy with what they're hearing, and they dont want their kids talking to me. My question is, is it able to sue because the neighbors are spreading false rumors? They've said I was burglarizing the house where the yard I was trespassing into was at, which is totally untrue. My prints were never anywhere on that house. They're trying to say that I said things that I didn't say. Can I take legal action because of this?

HomeGuru

BLiNG13 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas (Williamson County)

I'd like to know if it's able to sue for this. I was arrested a couple days ago for criminal trespassing. The neighbors who called the police are now telling many people on their street that I was burglarizing the house, and my friends are telling me that their parents are not happy with what they're hearing, and they dont want their kids talking to me. My question is, is it able to sue because the neighbors are spreading false rumors? They've said I was burglarizing the house where the yard I was trespassing into was at, which is totally untrue. My prints were never anywhere on that house. They're trying to say that I said things that I didn't say. Can I take legal action because of this?
**A: yes, go ahead and sue for $2 mil.

E

emersonpoet

Stupid

I think your primary concern should be about getting through this ordeal and not making it worse. ignore what u can and truth will come out. They aren't worth being friends with you if when the chips are down they run.

Sue and things will get worse-dumb leagal advice if you ask me

HomeGuru

Re: Stupid

emersonpoet said:
I think your primary concern should be about getting through this ordeal and not making it worse. ignore what u can and truth will come out. They aren't worth being friends with you if when the chips are down they run.

Sue and things will get worse-dumb leagal advice if you ask me
**A: it is ironic that you should be the one to post advice when your case is a heck of a lot worse. And the word is spelled legal as in legal advice.

E

emersonpoet

at least my advice included more sound judgment than yours- and if this stupid site had spell check it would be a hell of a lot easier.

HomeGuru

emersonpoet said:
at least my advice included more sound judgment than yours- and if this stupid site had spell check it would be a hell of a lot easier.
**A: if stupid writers could spell correctly we would not have this problem, would we?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">