• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am a single parent with no child support coming in for my 6 year old daughter. My yearly income $15,350. My daughter is presently on the Medicaid program. My question is, how much income my I earn for her to still qualify for medicaid???

J

jlm

I also receive medicaid for my daughter who is not getting child support. By the way, child support usually doesn't count toward your income when qualification is being determined. To find out how much money you can earn without your child being disqualified from medicaid, simply contact the Department of Public Health and Welfare in your community, or the office that issued the original qualification papers to you. They have a predetermined figure or set limit, and should be able to puote that to you. You should already know that your income is not the only thing considered. Any other assets, such as health/life insurance, stocks, bonds, etc. are counted as well. I would guess that you would have to raise your income by quite a lot to worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">