• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking? Trespassing? Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katecat6

What is the name of your state? Oregon

background: Stepfahter just died. Will is being disposed. He has 3 children, all over 35. They will receive a lump sum amount and that's it. They have had virtually no contact with their dad for last 20 years however they did come up from Calif once he was in a coma. Of course they demanded items and one of the girls actually assualted my mom. Police report has been filed.

Not one of them bothered to show up for dad's services!

Now.... the 38 year old has been driving 12+ hours up three week ends in a row to "get' stuff. The will has yet to be disposed. He just shows up on the property and expects to be taken care of. He goes into these terrrible tempers, and throws items outside, yells, carries on and BTW has a large buck knife that he uses to, sweart and throw into grouns when he isn't scratching himself etc. It's very intimidating. We are all very worried that he'll do harm to my mom. She lives up there by herself.

What recourse does she have?

JETX

"What recourse does she have?"
*** Hire a probate attorney to handle the estate. Then, send all 'callers' to the attorney.

K

katecat6

Thanks -- but

She has hired a probate attorney -- to dipsose the will. The problem is that he (stepson) justs shows up on the property and walks in. He doesn't believe that the will is with an attorney, he "knows what is his"!
She lives in on 6 acres and the neighbors aren't close by.

I've had her post No trespassing signs along the fences/gates

I've also suggested that she have the attorney "notify" everyone, including my sister & I, that all "visists' need to be pre approved. We all live at a minimum of 8 hours driving time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">