• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this really a divorce ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Onlychance69

My sister was married for 4 years. She has two sons by her ex-husband. They were living in Minnesota until he graduated from Macalester College. After graduating from college he decided to become a Naval Officer.So he brings my sister back home to Philadelphia while he undergoes training in Pensacola Florida to become an officer. He kept telling my sister he was on the waiting list for Navy Housing.Five months later there are divorce papers in the mail instead of plane tickets. Just like that a final judgement of dissolution of marriage. I thought both parties had to agree to the terms of the divorce. Haven't seen him or a child support payment since. Please help my sister is destroyed. He is no longer in the military either.

A

Attorney_Replogle

It sounds like this man has committed fraud. You can't divorce someone without their knowledge of the divorce being filed and in the court. Plus, I don't know why he was in Florida. That is where Naval aviators are trained. I am curious as to why he is no longer an officer. That may be something else worth looking into. If the Navy found out that he forged those court documents then perhaps they kicked him out for that. I don't know what else to tell you. You will of course want to have someone look into those court filings to determine if there was fraud involved.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

O

ONLYCHANCE69

It is true he was kicked out of the Navy. But we were under the assumption that it was because of the allotments that were supposed to go to my sister, went to his gorlfriend who forged my sister's name as if she was the wife of the accused. We were never told for certain as to why he was no longer commissioned as an officer. I have to further research why.The further I get into this the more incredible the story becomes. Well, thank-you for your prompt response and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">