• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motherinlaw driving me nuts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angieatky

What is the name of your state? kentucky
my mother in law,has had emergency protective orders filed against me 4 times, just for arguing, when it gets time to go to court, she makes up so i won't fight her on it, so i have this on my record, whenever i even look at her wrong she threatens to get warrants on me, i've been to jail twice over her lies, she calls and hangs up, she blows her horn continuosly when she drives by, she calls my work and my kids school, just to see if were there or not, she threatened the daycare worker that she better take care of her grandkids, she has someone watching her, she has told me i'm being watched too, but i called the county attorney, and he said i have no case against her, she is driving me nuts, my husband has very little to do with her also, i don't know what to do i'm tired of being the victim, but always being accused of being the criminal. she calls my 13 year old bad words everytime she sees her out or when she stops by, and that is what usually starts the fights.

H

hexeliebe

Run for Mayor then when you win get a Mother-in-Law lease law passed. Oh, and a muzzle might be needed also.

Otherwise, you have only two options, a protective order or salt loaded double-barred loads :D

C

condaggitt

Mother-in-law, mother-in-law
The worst person I know
She worries me so
If she leave us alone
We would have a happy home
Sent from down below
Sin should be her name
To me they are about the same
Everytime I open my mouth
Then she tries to put me out
How could she stoop so low
I come home with my pay
She ask me what I made
She thinks her advice is a constitution
If she would leave that should be the solution
And don't come back no more
My mother-in-law, mother-in-law.....

A

angieatky

my husband ignores her, she doesn't bother him or us when he's home, so he just doesn't really know, she's all nice to him, never says or does wrong, i keep telling him he needs to do something, he just keeps saying i will, as for the protective order on her, i can't lie like she does, so since she hasn't threatened me physical harm they won't let me, what about mental anguish or something, come on shes cussing a 13 yr old because she's jealous, and as for the double arrel, it has crossed my mind, and loved the poem, i even tried the stalking approach, they said free roads she can travel where she wants,

abezon

OK, FIRST, you can't complain about not getting your day in court when you keep making up with her before the R.O. hearings. Acknowledge your role in keeping this cycle going.

If you want things to change, start documenting her behaviour. Keep a diary of her phone calls to your home/work/day care. Tape or videotape any conversations you have with her. When she hauls you into court, take everything with you & show the court that she's a nutter. Then ask for sanctions against her for your time & trouble dealing with her.

Or, hey, here's an idea -- tell her she has to treat you with respect or she can't come over. Then stop arguing with her!! If she ticks you off, tell her in a calm voice (you're taping this, right?) "that subject is off limits & if you persist I will make you leave". When she flies off the handle, call the cops & have her removed. Then do NOT drop the charges.

Or you can tell hubby you & the kids are moving to another state unless he makes her toe the line. Better be sure he'll choose you, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">