• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can she do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trying4children

My husband has every other weekend and some holidays with his two children, age 9. He had asked his ex-wife for more time because he gets very depressed about not seeing them. She always tells him "no". The children even has request they want to see him more. My husband pays his child support faithfully, has let her have the children on his weekend if it is mother's day or her birthday or if the children are doing something special with her mom and dad.
Mean while his ex-wife does drugs, sends the kids to school late most of the time, talks badly about my husband infront of them, she freaks out on my husband all the time, Child Protection is visiting her for reason we do not know, childrens apperance is very dirty and they smell when we get them, childrens grades are low, they have a bad potty mouth and there is even more. We can't aford a lawyer. Should we file for custody modifcation? Are these grounds for modication? We are very torn up about the situation because even though they are not my blood children I love them and only want to save them. Its said when children tell you what goes on in a home where a parent uses drugs. Children have told us they are not aloud in mom's room at all but then mom's friends come over they all go into mom's room for awhile. It makes me sick because I know what they are doing. How can we stop this? This is not right!!!! please give me some advice where to start.

T

Tracey

File a motion to modify custody and to allow her only supervised visitation. Subpoena the CPS case file if you can. Borrow money if you have to, but get a lawyer. You can probably find one who will let you do some of the work to keep costs down.

Good luck,

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">