• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about theft.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BB_Wolfe

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

On another forum, there was a discussion about buying a product on Ebay for 50% of value, then returning it to a Wal-Mart or a Target for 100% value. You've effectivly made 50% on the deal.

(Buy drill for $150 when Walmart sells them for $300, then she takes it back to wal-mart and gets the $300 by saying she bought it there.)

Why specifically is this illegal. I know it is already, just not how.

[edit] Just to clarify, is this theft, robbery, etc.? [edit]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BB_Wolfe said:
What is the name of your state? South Dakota

On another forum, there was a discussion about buying a product on Ebay for 50% of value, then returning it to a Wal-Mart or a Target for 100% value. You've effectivly made 50% on the deal.

(Buy drill for $150 when Walmart sells them for $300, then she takes it back to wal-mart and gets the $300 by saying she bought it there.)

Why specifically is this illegal. I know it is already, just not how.

[edit] Just to clarify, is this theft, robbery, etc.? [edit]

My response:

It's theft by deception and fraud, plain and simple - - both of which are criminal.

IAAL

S

sdstrooper

By saying you bought it there when you didn't, you're committing fraud.

B

BB_Wolfe

Ok, thanks.

I told the guy who had that idea that it was illegal and he posted that he had been doing that since late 90's. It's a wonder dip****z like that don't get caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">