• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a bank account unblocked?

• Thread starter Curious in California
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Curious in California

Ok, here's the situation. I had some money given to me from a lawsuit when I was 3 in 1985. The money was put in a bank account that was blocked by court order until a turned 18. I am now 18 and contacted the bank, they say that I have to get another court order unblocking the account. I have contacted the courts, using multiple phone numbers and can't get any information from them since it is an older case. What can I do to get some information on unblocking this account, or do I even have to, since logic would say if it's blocked until I'm 18, I shouldn't have to unblock it after I turn 18, since it should be automatically unblocked. Please advise. The case was in Maricopa County, Phoenix, Arizona. I now reside in Sacramento, California

T

Tracey

Check out "I need to get a court order stating i am of Age..." posted by Michelle&Michael on the accident board

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">