• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Grinch

My Ex has custody of our 17 yr old son in the state of Florida. I live in the state of North Carolina. We exchange W-2s annually for the purpose of support calculation. There is now an issue concerning the exchange of pay stubs so that adjustments may be made for exmptions claimed. I have been told that to minimize my payment I should claim zero exemptions but the Ex says I can't. What is recomended?? I am tired of being harrassed, can't afford to hire a pricey attorney especially since my son is only a year from his 18th birthday and the fees would greatly outweigh the adjustment.

Looking for more specific information re: child support calculations in state of Fla.

[This message has been edited by Grinch (edited April 22, 2000).]

R

rookie

With regards to withholding deduction and child support, the court takes into consideration the actual taxes due and not the withheld amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">