• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reduction In Back Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dadinca

Can Back Child Support be reduced?

I never filed for a reduction when I lost my job. Now I am being held in Contempt for the arreages. Is there anything I can do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer to you is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

1. I would find and photocopy all the paper work associated with losing your job,....last paycheck, letter indicating you lost your job (this shows the date)

2. Contact a family law attorney at attorneypages.com and ask him/her to arrange for a hearing to reduce back child support or adjust it accordingly.

3. You may have to show your efforts (have to be substantial) at trying to get another job to be able to pay your legal obligations.

hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">