• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dajaro1

What is the name of your state? washington state. I am writing to you for legal advice and legal representation.
This is my story.
I was arrested in November 2001 for a dwi. I on the advise of my attorney with out explanation of what deferred program was, I went on the deferred program. The court appointed attorney I had advised me to lie on my alcohol assessment which I did and was accepted in to the program. I began to attend treatment at advantages counseling in Bremerton Washington. I then had to change centers because of my job moving to a different city it took me approximate 1 month to find a center that would take me. I completed the 72 hours of intensive and 4 weeks of the 2 phase of treatment. The treatment center then kicked me out because I did not believe that alcohol abuse is a disease. I had started going back to church and reading my bible in my bible it states that drunkenness is a sin. This is my belief.
I went in to court because I was kicked out and explained why I was kicked out. The state attorney then stood up in court and stated that because of my religious beliefs, that I was not eligible for deferred program. I was not allowed to search for a non-disease approach that could help my family and I.
I have since gone to jail and served 45 days lost my job making 18.00 an hour and have came close to being homeless with 3 kids. Why because I quit drinking.
On my release I had to get another assessment. They the courts, Washington state and the probation will not let me use a non-disease approach even though this is what landed me in jail in the first place. I am not able to use a Washington state licensed psychologist I am only allowed to use a diseased-based 12-step program.
Do I not have the right to treatment of my choice. I will end up back in jail because I do not believe in the disease concept.
The DSM-IV state that in order to be alcohol dependent you must in a 12 month period fit in to 3 of 7 different categories. I do not fit in to these categories and when I challenged the assessment the treatment center (Right Choice) they would not allowed me to see the results. And why they think I fit into these categories. Now remember you must according to the DSM-IV fit in to these in a 12 month period I have not drank in 20 months and I DO NOT FIT IN THESE CATORGORIES.
By Washington State mandating me to use a court order disease based program they are violating my civil right to religious preferences and they are violating my right to treatment of my choice.
By right choice not allowing me to see my medical records they also are violating my rights.
In this state it is suppose to be individualized treatment and I have yet to have individualized treatment. Individualized treatment for me would also include my family yet my family as they the treatment centers put it are a hindrance, and my wife and family do not drink I was not brought up in a drinking atmosphere. My family is my support group and I will not give them up. In AA at a meeting I was told to leave my family because they could not understand me, and love me as the AA group does. This was the last straw for me and I never went back to AA.
I know I have a case here if I could just get some legal defense and representation that would believe in me and what I am trying to do.
Thank You for your time Daniel Romans 5455 Illahee Rd Bremerton wa 98311 (360) 373-4399

ellencee

The Bible also says to 'render unto Caesar what is Caesar's', which means to follow the government leaders and lawmakers and pay your taxes, but it also means to give the governement what is asks of you. In your case, that is to follow the 12 step program. The 12 step program is the most successful program out there. A good dose of the Holy Spirit is only going to give you the courage to complete the 12 step program; it isn't going to give you power over the court.

Now, you're using the Bible and God's word to deprive your family of your income, your freedom, a place to live, food on the table, and clothes. Why? Because you want the court, Caesar, to do what you, a new and confused believer, want the court to do.

Get back in the 12 step program. You haven't even begun to recover.

Best wishes for you and your family and for your continued spiritual growth.
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">